Promoting Retired Racehorses in Second Careers
ATTENTION: NEW VOCATIONS’ ADOPTERS!
Adopters that enjoy competing with their New Vocations’ horses, now have the opportunity to assist the program in promoting retired racehorses for careers beyond the track. The goal is to educate the equestrian community about the athleticism, heart, and versatility of retired racehorses.
HOW IT WORKS
The ambassador program is open to both Thoroughbred and Standardbred adopters who actively participate in a riding or driving discipline. Six New Vocations Thoroughbred/Standardbred Adopters will be selected annually to participate.
Ambassadors will promote New Vocations at various events and shows throughout the year by handing out literature, displaying banners, and wearing New Vocations apparel. Their equine partners have an equally important role demonstrating their aptitude for disciplines from Eventing and Dressage to Foxhunting and Polo.
Each Ambassador will receive the following promotional items:
1. New Vocations Apparel (t-shirt, cadet jacket)
2. 2 New Vocations Saddle Pads (all purpose or dressage pad)
3. 1 New Vocations Banner (size 2ft x 4ft) to display at shows/events
4. New Vocations Brochures to hand out at shows/events
**Each Ambassador will be responsible for providing blog entries, quality photos, and fun video clips throughout the year which will be shared on our website and social media pages!**
Ambassadors must be actively competing in one of these disciplines at either rated or unrated shows and events:
Hunters Jumpers Dressage Eventing Foxhunting Western Pleasure
Endurance Contesting Polo Competitive Trail Hunter Paces Driving
HOW TO APPLY
1. Fill out and submit the Ambassador application before the deadline of January 19th, 2015!
2. Along with the application, send in quality photos and a creative 2-4 minute video with your adopted horse that depicts why you will make a great New Vocations Ambassador.